Saturday, July 19, 2008

Ribbed vest progress

Using the Ribbed Tank pattern in Vogue Knitting: Very Easy Knits, I've made a good start on my vest. I've made several modifications to the original long, loose design, first published in 1983:
  • The original and substitute yarns are not available. I am adapting to the Rowan Cotton Jeans I have and am pleased with the result, even though the gauge is different from not only the one specified on the pattern but also the one recommended on the Rowan ball band.

  • The original pattern is for a long very loose-fitting tank with 4 inches or more of ease. I'm shortening the body to hip length and aiming for zero ease.

  • I've narrowed the width of the textured bands because I thought it would look better my shorter, smaller version.

It's been a good travel project.

No comments: