Sunday, May 16, 2010
Last month I started a top down raglan cardigan based on Wendy Bernard's pattern Something Red. The photo shows the raglan shaping and the self-striping tweediness of the yarn (Filatura de Crosa "Tempo", a cotton-acrylic blend I found at the Yarn Spot). I am modifying the pattern slightly to accommodate the lighter weight yarn and my own preferences: I used k1f&b increases rather than the original yos, and I delayed beginning the ribbing until I was well below the bust. I also plan to use at least 2 buttons--possibly as many as 4. Overall I'm aiming for a drapier and slightly looser fitting cardigan than the original. I'm eager to finish but other things beckon as well (as noted in part in Backyard Notes).